Below is a list of known Furby bugs and glitches.
- Sometimes drops messes with radio frequencies
- When batteries run low, Furby may freeze up while saying a sentence, resulting in garbled playback of the sentence until batteries are replaced
- Some Furbys can re-start without the reset button being pushed. On some first generation models, if the tounge sensor is pushed in without the reset button being pushed in, Furby has a chance of re-starting itself.
- Furby sometimes uses its mouth as its eyes or its eyes as its mouth. Replacing the batteries fixes this (unless its sync screw is loose).
- Furby can sometimes emit a mysterious, high-pitched beeping noise at a high Hertz level. This can happen when batteries are running low.
- When batteries start running out, Furbys pitch will be deeper.
- If it's motor is trying to turn but it's stuck, it will make an extremely loud and weird noise.
- If water poured on, random noises will appear. Disassembly it and shake all the water out, then wait for it to dry in the sun.
Furby Babies 1999
- Furby Babies will get what is known as the Squeaky Gear Syndrome. After age and wear, their gears and motor will emit a hideous screeching or loud squeaking noise.
- When starting up after years of not being used, some Babies' internals may dysfunction and be stuck on a word, resulting in the Baby repeating themselves and saying "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" for a very long time until their batteries are removed or run out. Click here to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ICRecUd0o
- Very likely due to the voicebox, Furby Babies can go mute. The Furby Baby can work completely fine though the voice is nowhere to be heard.
- Has a known issue with its gears; many stopped working within a year of use.
- When batteries run low, Furby stops moving completely. If you press on the tongue sensor when it is frozen, Furby emits a high pitched siren noise.
- When telling the story of Furby Island, Furby will say: "When sun up, me hungry!" If you put your finger in its mouth when it says this sentence, it will eat, then immediately continue the story as if nothing happened.
- The brittle silicone-like plastic used to make its beak causes the beak to rip easily after wear and tear.
- If the Furby is not receiving enough power, it will respond to most things saying "Cocka-doodle-do! Me love you!" and go through all the emotions at once, constantly. If you try to play a game with Furby when it is not receiving enough power, it will go to the instructions up until the point where it asks you to move 10 steps away but instead of telling you to move, it constantly says "Cocka-Doodle-Do! Me love you!" and goes through all the emotions until it's shut off and the batteries are pushed in harder/replaced.
- When you change Furby's batteries whilst the batteries still have some power left, sometimes its eyes won't power on.
- Furby can sometimes randomly "Die" and completely stop working. Pressing the reset switch will fix this issue.
- When batteries run low, Furby's eyes flash rapidly when it speaks or dances.
- Furby can sometimes go to sleep with their eyes partially or completely open.
- if you put your finger in its mouth when it only has 3 batteries, then you place the fourth battery in at the same time, its eyes won't light up.
- if batteries are mixed, it will not speak even when waking up, and its eyes will constantly get darker. To fix this, reset Furby until its eyes are blank with dots in the middle. Furby wakes up and loses all its memory and is back to normal mode. You can also attempt to fix this issue by changing the batteries and normally resetting Furby.
- Furby can look like he ran out of batteries, but pushing him down can make him wake up, however, he will awaken with glitched eyes. He will talk but his pupils will not be shown. This can be fixed by replacing the battery
- Sometimes if near water or other stuff, it will make a static sound. This is a minor bug that happens if you need to change the batteries.
Furby Party Rockers
- Sometimes while they are saying "Dah-ay-loh-oo-tye" while waking up, it will start snoring again, wake up, start snoring, wake up and on and on until you change the batteries.
- Sometimes even when still, party rockers rapidly switch from phrase to phrase until they are adjusted.
- Wake up very easily, due to temperamental motion sensor.
- The speaker inside can sometimes go out and the Furby will stop speaking, but will still be able to send and receive audio signals to and from other Furbys and Furby Booms. When this happens, the other Furbys will treat the Party rocker like nothing ever happened. Sometimes, the Party rocker will seem mute but once in awhile say a phrase, but go mute again. This usually stops after the speaker fully dies.
- Sometimes, Furby Party Rockers will emit a beeping noise and will not respond to anything. This noise will be constant and usually happens if the speaker is near to dying. Taking out the batteries will fix this issue. If you replace the batteries the Furby Party Rocker will most likely not emit the noise anymore, but the Party Rocker may be mute/almost mute. This can also happen if the Party Rocker is touched by water.
Furby Boom (Furby 2013)
- Furby can wake up randomly during sleep when it is lying on its back.
- Furby can wake up without opening its eyes.
- Furby can sometimes go to sleep with its eyes open or partially open.
- Furby can randomly 'Sleep' and you have to click the reset button to turn it on again.
- Furby can sometimes use its eyes as its mouth and vice versa.
- Furby can sometimes be bent down constantly after waking up. It will go back to normal after a couple of minutes.
- Furby can get stuck in certain poses, for example, eyes partially open or constantly bent up or down. A known thing is it will happen if you drop it.
- Furby can wake up without talking you will have to go take open Furby and fix Furby or return furby
- On Rockin' Personality Furby can stop working, until you reset it.
- Sometimes your Furby dances and then dies. No one knows why this happen.
- Furby can sometimes have sleeping problems, in which it will go to sleep, snore it's extra morning snore and start speaking again. This happens constantly. If lying on its back, it may also wake back up, and if left alone it may also happen. Sometimes pulling its tail for 10 seconds works and puts it to sleep, but it will wake up quite easily.
- If batteries are mixed or running low, the furby may work until it's battery cover is screwed in. if this happens, its eyes will dim quickly, but the pupils will still be shown. The furby will shut off after this. Replace the batteries to fix this issue.
- If shaken too roughly, Furby may change personalities into Feisty or Rockstar mode, but it's voice will be raspy and doubled. The speaker may go mute, and replacing the battery usually fixes this issue.
- Rarely, the furby may change personalities after being left alone without it yelling "Me changing!". It will switch back to the personality it was before after being reset or leaving it alone.
- Sometimes, hard reset mode will not take effect, keeping the furbies personality and name.
- Furby may snore the morning snore after pausing a moment after snoring normally. This usually only makes it so the Furby is easier to wake up, as it usually goes to sleep after. After a long time of this happening, it will start snoring and waking up, not being able to go to sleep until it's tail is pulled or the batteries are removed.
- They're known to freeze more easily than 2012 furbies.
- The Christmas sweater pattern Furby, released near christmas, seems to have the most bugs and dies more easily than other furby booms. Pink with polka dot furby Pattern also seems to be quite buggy.
These can be the glitchiest ones of the whole Furby series. .
- Sometimes when the Furby Connect App is not up to date, Furby will say "Egg ready!". It will get stuck in a position and one of it's eyes will be static, kind of like a QR code. The eye will go black and about a millisecond after this happens it's voice will glitch out. This is fixed by updating the app. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqemRL1BMA.
- Furby will sometimes not connect to the app.
- Furby may sometimes disconnect during gameplay and shut off.
- Furby will sometimes constantly be updating for a very long time, until the Furby dies. Deleting and re-downloading the app fix this.
- They sometimes go mute and you have to either return them to the store, or open furby and fix furby.
- The fur is easier to pull off than other furbies.
- Furby can die seconds after waking up for 2 days. It can't be fixed. Even when changing batteries. It can get worse over time. Furby's speaker can break down.