Difference in design
The new Furby design was almost double the size of the original Furby and featured a rubber beak, proper plastic feet (opposed to fabric material ones), bigger ears, eyes with more detail, no tail (except for Funky Furby's) and a different body shape. It also has a switch which activate any of the following modes: on, off, and try me.
Functions and abilities
A 2005 Furby has a tummy sensor and a back sensor much like a 1998 Furby. The 2005 Furby's do not have an infrared sensor or light sensor between their eyes like the 1998 Furby's, therefore, they cannot sense changes in light. They can only communicate with another Furby if both of the Furby's stomachs are pushed in for a few seconds until they blink. The 2005 Furby's can communicate with the 2005 Furby Babies and other 2005 Furby's only. They can eat when their mouth sensor is pushed with a finger or Furby spoon.
This series of Furby focused on being able to understand speech and respond accordingly rather than just recognizing loud sounds. To get its attention, You must say "Hey Furby!" Once Furby makes a sound, you can give it a command.
- "Sing me a song" will make it sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in Furbish or English. This depends on how long it has been played with.
- "Tell me a joke" will make it tell one of its favorite 7 knock-knock jokes.
- 'Show me a dance" will make it sing and dance. (Funky Furby's will not dance unless music is played or if you make a tune for it to hear by clapping or hitting something.)
- "Tell me a story" - it will tell you about its life story and its home on Furby Island in Furbish or English, depending on how long it has been played with.
- "Do you want to play?" will make it play its favorite game of 'red light, green light'.
- "Go to sleep" - Furby enters sleep mode and will wake up when you whistle, make loud noises, press Furby's tummy or mouth, or tilt Furby.
- "I Love You" - Will make Furby purr, or say "Me love you!" or "Me love you more!" This depends on how Furby feels. Sometimes Furby will roar when you say this.
- "I speak Furbish" - you can speak any of the above commands in Furbish.
How to Reset Furby
To reset Furby, you must turn Furby off and hold him upside down while pressing down on Furby's tongue in his mouth. While doing this, turn Furby on and stop pressing Furby's tongue. You will know if you have followed these steps correctly when Furby says "Good Morning!". If Furby does not say "Good Morning!" you have not followed these steps correctly.
Furby will tell you the rules of how to play. You come when it says "Green light!" You stop when it says "Red light!" You tickle it when its eyes are closed, you win! If you tickle it when its eyes are open, the Furby will win! If you tickle it too hard, the Furby wins! First, you have to go 10 steps away from the Furby. When it says "Here we go!", the game will start. The Furby will try to trick you when it says "Grrreeeeeee-Red light!". At the end of the game, it will ask you if you want to play again.
Funky Furby is the first and last special edition of Generation 2.0. It can dance to any music you play, and sing 3 songs including "Funky Furby Hip Hop", "Sing Calypso Music, Be Happy All Day!", and "Twinkle Techno") It has a long tail with multicolored streaks in it. Due to poor sales in the USA, Funky Furby's were only sold in Canada, Spain, Australia, and the UK. More special editions were planned, but were never released. Funky Furby's were sold for about 3 months in 2006 before being discontinued. This was around the time the 2005 Furby's production came to a halt. Funky Furby's were released in 3 color combinations: purple and two different shades of green, light purple and green, and a combination of two different shades of blue with purple and pink. The blue Funky Furby's were a Spanish exclusive.
Unlike the Furby's released in 2005, Funky Furby's cannot play red light green light. Though Funky Furby's sometimes ask "Where Furby Baby?" like the 2005 Furby's do, Funky Furby's cannot interact with 2005 Furby's or the 2005 Furby Baby's. They also do not have a "Try me" mode.